Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hindsight

Below is a peak into my journal from 4 1/2 years ago. We were only a month away from meeting Isabelle. I'm so glad we didn't listen to the report from China (in red) and let fear steal what has been one of the biggest blessings in our lives.  Instead, we listened to our hearts, and what we knew God had called us to do. We knew she was ours. That baby girl of ours has come a long way in that time. She's smart, beautiful, and full of joy. We are so very blessed to call her ours!

At the time of this update, Isabelle had just past her 3rd birthday.  In the final paragraph it mentions Mandy.  Mandy adopted their daughter from the same orphanage two months before we went.  She requested to meet Isabelle and sent me pictures.  It was an awesome gift!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013
7:30 AM

83cm, 10kg, 46cm head, 53cm chest, 11cm foot, 20 teeth

She can sit, stand up by holding, roll over. She doesn't talk much. She can only eat soft food or liquid food. She can't really bite or chew food. She is not potty trained.

The orphanage is pretty concern of this girl. Although they tried to do different tests, they couldn't find anything wrong with her. She is super delay. The orphanage said the family sent a friend to check on her earlier. Pls make sure the family really understands her situation before they come to China.

This is the update I received about Isabelle today. It's hard to believe this is our final update before we go. I'm trying to trust God for the outcome, but I must admit the "super delay" comment makes me wonder. This update came with 2 pictures of Isabelle. One of them had her smiling. My momma's heart has been aching for a picture of her smiling. Toby told me the devil is trying to steal our joy. I agree. Lord, help me to trust you with our little girl. I totally believe she is ours and nothing will change that. I guess my selfish heart wants a completely healthy little girl, smart like her siblings. Father, I trust you. Even in my imperfection, you love me no matter what. Isabelle needs a family and you have picked us to be her family. No matter what, we will love her and raise her to know you. Please calm my anxious heart. I know you have it all worked out!

As we continue to fast for this 40 days, please make yourself known. We have many things we'd like guidance on, both for ourselves and our church. Please guide us and draw us closer to you. I want to move forward, not back to where I was. Lord, you're so merciful and gracious to me. Help me to show the love of Jesus to those around me. I want to be like you in everyway possible.

9:07pm

Thank you for a great support group. I was able to visit with Mandy for almost 40 minutes tonight about Isabelle and adoption. She doesn't think Isabelle needs anything except her mama to love her. I agree. No matter what happens, she is ours. Lord, she is ours! Please help me to be patient in waiting for our TA and to continue to trust in your perfect timing. You are such an awesome God! Thank you for all you do for us and for loving on us and for putting up with our shortcomings. Thank you for a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment