Saturday, April 28, 2018

Long Overdue Update

There's a blessing in working full time while adopting.  Time flies.  However, I don't take time to update our blog.  So much has happened since my last update in late February.

Once our paperwork was off to China, we prayed for a very fast LOA.  That is the approval from China.  The average at that time was about 30 days according to my Facebook group.  I wanted to be on the faster side to keep that average down😊  To both our surprise and our agency's surprise, our LOA came in only 8 days.  Totally exceeded what I hoped!

That moved our estimated travel date up by more than a month.  (Keep in mind that's my brain estimating.)  However, as adoption journeys go, we hit another snag.  For the 2nd time, we received a RFE (Request for Evidence) from the USCIS.  Due to our son's unique situation, they needed additional information.  We received the RFE on April 7 and on April 16 was advised the additional paperwork was in the USA and being translated.  Our agency was hopeful we'd have the translated copy this week and then it would be overnighted to the USCIS.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.  We're still waiting.

We know God's timing is best and we're resting in that.  Our travel estimate today is early June, but that is totally a guess, assuming we get I-800 approval this next week.  It's possible.  Guess we'll just wait and see!


https://www.mightycause.com/story/31dtzf

No comments:

Post a Comment