We are officially on the journey. We submitted our application on May 25, 2012. Our paperwork has been started and now we're in the waiting process of the homestudy. We've been through a homestudy once, when we became foster parents, but here we go again. I'm a little nervous, but know that God is leading and guiding our every footstep.
I feel like we're miscommunicating with our social worker here in SD. We are ready to get our homestudy moving but we haven't heard from her. I know that the homestudy is more than just the visits with her, but I'd still like to hear from her what the plan is. I think we've done everything on our end that we can at this point. The fingerprints for SD and the FBI are done, our medicals are done and will be submitted today, even all the money they've requested has been mailed in. Still we wait. God is so very good at teaching me lessons and I'm guessing that I need to grow in the patience department:) I am just so excited to be on the path to our new child.
We have an awesome social worker in AL who is very much on top of things. She's quick to answer emails, questions, anything I throw at her. I'm very thankful for her. I can't wait to be working exclusively with her, but that won't happen until our homestudy is finished. If we lived closer to AL we wouldn't have a need for 2 social workers.
God has been so faithful already, providing the funds we've needed so far. I can't wait to see how he provides the rest of the funds. As I made one payment, without taking it out of savings, I commented to my daughter (16) that I couldn't believe I didn't need to take money from savings. She looked at me with a "Duh, mom" look and told me I knew very well how I had the funds. Her faith far exceeds mine some days and that is the most exciting part of the journey, the growth I see in my family.
I have been leaning towards getting a boy, for logistics reasons, but yesterday we talked as a family and decided a little girl would be perfectly fine too. Kenzi even agreed to share her room:) For those of you who know her or have a 16 year-old daughter, know that was a huge step. She is my biggest supporter in this adoption, but the thought of sharing her room with a much younger sister concerned her. It is neat to see that she's moved past that and just wants whoever God has for our family. She even commented one day that she'll probably adopt in the future too. PTL! God is so amazing!
Today will be another day of painting the house. It looks so much better and I feel better about it. I know the homestudy isn't about the house, too much, but it still makes me feel good to know the house looks nice.
Blessings to all of you!
Kel
(Originially posted 7/20/2012)
No comments:
Post a Comment