Monday, October 1, 2012

Immigration

October is off to a good start. Our home study completed its journey from South Dakota to Alabama today! There was an envelope on her desk ready to hit the mail as soon as it arrived. Yeah! Our I-800A is on its way to wherever it needs to go. Another thing to check off of my list. Our social worker will be sending me information to complete for our dossier in the next couple of days. I'm not sure what all that entails, but once it's completed it gets sent to China for approval. Things heading to China means we're getting closer to bringing Isabelle home. We bought her a couple of more things for her care package last night. I've also made her a photo book on Snapfish which should be here by Friday. Once it arrives I'll get it boxed up and off to China. It has pictures of all of us, plus our house, car, pets, pictures to help her learn who we are. We pray every night that God will let her see her family in her dreams. This will aid in that. I'm hoping they'll take a few pictures of her with the things we send and show her the book often. I really wanted to send her a Hallmark book, with recordable pages, so she could hear our voices, but the silly things are $30. I had a bit of price shock last night when I saw that. I'll do a little more checking online today and see if I can find one cheaper. I'd really like her to have one. Things are moving forward. We're still praying favor and Godspeed on our paperwork. The money is coming in, too. God is ALWAYS faithful and will NEVER fail us. We're going to raffle off an iPad 3 starting this week. I'll post again when I have all the details together. Tickets will be $10 and can be purchased online by donating through our paypal link on the blog. I'm also toying with the idea of selling puzzle pieces, too. I want to put the name of each person who donates on the back of a piece and then put the puzzle together. I'll use glue to permanently hold it together and then frame it backward so all of the names show. I think that would be a great reminder for Isabelle of how many people helped to get her home. Thanks for all of the prayers. That is the most important thing you can do for us and Isabelle. God loves her more than we do and has her in the palm of His hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment