We just received the news that we are LID. (Log-in date) That is a major milestone in my opinion. China is processing our paperwork and once finished will send us our LOA (letter of acceptance), which is just a fancy way of saying Isabelle is ours! Our social worker said to estimate 90 days until LOA and then another 3 months until travel. That will put us in China in June.
Again, I'm praying her conservative estimates are wrong. LOA average wait right now is closer to 50 days. That is just an average, some are quicker and some are slower. Earlier this year I read that LOA times were near 100 days on average. So, I pray for a quick LOA, but won't get too worried about it. China could slow down, but let's hope not!
Time from LOA to travel is 8-12 weeks, probably
somewhere in the middle. I'm just excited to be moving forward. There isn't anything to do during this wait time but be patient. God is in control! He has the perfect timeline prepared. I know I write that often, but it's to remind me to leave it in His hands.
I have been at such peace the last week or so. I'm not worried about the adoption, including the finances. We have quite a ways to go to get it paid for, but I know He has a plan. His peace is such an amazing feeling. The peace about the adoption is different than anything I've felt before. I believe part of following God's plan is to follow the peace, but this peace is deeper than anything I've felt before. I'm so thankful He's teaching me and drawing me closer to Him. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I'm not sure how to word it better.
I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas! Our family did. We were so blessed to spend time with both sides of the family. 2013 is going to be amazing, I know it. Enter it with anticipation for all of the good things God is going to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment