Thursday, January 17, 2013

I LOVE Progress!

This has been a very productive week!  My type-A personality loves to be productive.  Some of this information in a repeat if we're friends on Facebook, but this blog serves two purposes: 1. It keeps all of you informed.  2.  It is a record of our journey that Isabelle can read later.  So, for that reason, please humor me :)


Isn't she beautiful?!  Our Facebook friends, the Pleets, made the long journey to our orphanage this week to get their little girl.  While there, they took the time to meet Isabelle.  We are so thankful!  What an amazing couple to bless us like that.  She has more pictures, but they'll come another day.  Internet in Ch*na isn't always the best so I will wait patiently for them. 

Here is what Gigi messaged me:  We got to meet your little girl as well- she was hungry for lunch and late for a nap so they just popped in for a moment and we gave her the hello kitty. They said that she had a bit of a cold as well which is why she was crying . I'm so sorry I couldn't spend more time with her. She was very sweet just upset. They said she is normally a very happy and sweet baby. I have more pics that I snapped from my camera that I will send later!! Please try not to worry about your little girlie- the staff at the O is very caring and loves these children very much!!! Her nanny was so attentive and hugged her and kissed her many times. I'm sure when Mandy goes she will be able to visit her again!!!  (Mandy is another adoptive mom who's little girl is at the same orphanage.)

Another sweet lady, Megan, checked in on Isabelle later that day or the next day.  Here is what she messaged me: I wanted you to know that I saw your baby girl this morning . . . I don't often make it to the areas with the babies, but after my English class today with the older kids I made my way to the other building and spent some time with the littler ones. I wandered around looking for your little one, and found her happy in her crib. Want you to know that she gave me a big grin, before ducking down to hide, with a bit of a peek-a-boo playful attitude. I know GiGi saw her yesterday, and that she was a bit upset at the moment they met her . . . just wanted you to know that she seems to be doing much better today.
I won't be back to the orphanage for quite some time, because our Gotcha Day is next week, and after that I'll lay low with my little guy for a while. But I'll ask some other volunteers to look out for your sweet girl . . . now I know where to find her!





No comments:

Post a Comment