God has placed amazing people in
our path during this journey to Isabelle. This morning I woke up to a
short note from a wonderful lady, Christie, who is a volunteer at our O.
She's a FB friend, too. (One of the reasons I love FB, it connects
me with so many who have a heart for children.) Here is what she
wrote: "I went to the O today and was able
to your daughter! She is very healthy. She stands upright in her crib ready to
play. (It was after lunch so she was "supposed" to be napping.)"
Little stinker. I read
the note to Kenzi and she replied, "Sounds just like her big sister."
So true. Any of you who've know Kenzi since she was little knows
what a horrible sleeper she was. I used to lie next to her with my arm
across her chest and my leg across hers until she fell asleep. She didn't
want to miss anything! Today, she's quite the sleeper! My how time
changes things!
To hear she is healthy makes
me smile. The last pictures we have of her, she had a cold and looked so
sad. We pray daily for her as I know many of you do! Thank you!
In the next couple of weeks, I'm hoping for more pictures. Another
FB friend, Mandy, got her TA (Travel Approval) today and will be leaving next
week for China! Her daughter is in the same O and she will be asking to
meet Isabelle. I'm so excited! I'm still praying for a picture with
a smile, but I will take whatever I can get!
Our I800 (paperwork to
classify Isabelle as our immediate relative) should be at the lock box in Texas
anytime. They will send me a text to let me know once they've received
it. I'm really hoping for that text by Friday. Then I can start emailing the USCIS for updates. From there we should have approval
in 2 weeks. (Should, not guaranteed.) Within another week from that
we hope to have our Article 5 dropped off in China. This is the final
step until we, ourselves, are waiting on TA. The Article 5 step is a 2 week
process, almost without fail. We're getting so close!
I am so thankful God still has
it all in His hands. We still have a financial mountain in front of us,
but I know He already has that taken care of too! I will not worry or
fret! Instead, I will keep my focus on God and enjoy each day as He gives
them to me. I have an amazing family here to spend time with and enjoy.
Together, we are looking forward to the day when Isabelle finally comes
home with us! Thank you so much for your prayers! We are
specifically asking God for favor in every step that remains!
:) This is a wonderful update. Keeping you all in prayer! http://thejoyfulservant.com
ReplyDelete