The closer we get, the longer the wait seems to be. It's probably due to the fact we're all ready to board that plane and get our little girl. God's timing is perfect, I know that! I am so thankful He sees the bigger picture and works out the details. I am also thankful He has given me a glimpse of why He hasn't hurried our paperwork when others had their paperwork flying through the steps. I have prayed for favor in each of the steps. When others were getting LOAs in 30ish days, ours took 60. While others had the average wait with their I800s, ours took an extra week. It seems that each step of the way has taken just a tad longer than what average is.
However, what wasn't average was the length of time it took to sell Mad Man'z. We listed it in early February and signed papers on March 25. That was fast! So now, instead of figuring what we are going to do with it while we're gone, we can just enjoy the trip. All of those details have been worked out. Instead of Isabelle coming home to a single parent household, we'll both be around. (Toby will have a different job, but we are praying the hours will be way better!) God knew every detail, even though I didn't know the timeline. PTL!
Our Article 5 will be picked up on Tuesday, April 16 (China time) and will be delivered to the CCCWA in Beijing. I'm not sure how quickly it gets there, but I'm hoping for overnight mail! From that point we are waiting for the official invitation to come to China (our TA). We're so close! Now this is where I'm asking God again for favor. (Lord, please get our TA paperwork in the fast lane, grant it favor!) If we can get a 8 or 9 day TA (it's possible, but 14+ days is closer to average) we can hopefully leave May 2 or 3 and have Isabelle on May 6. If not, I'm really hoping to be holding my baby girl on May 13. I'd really love to have her by Mother's Day, but again God knows best. If we have to wait for a May 13 "Gotcha Day" I'll have to be content with the fact that it is still Mother's Day in the USA, barely.
Isabelle's suitcase is packed and ready to go. Our China box is full of things we need to pack and I'm ready to get them into suitcases. It doesn't do me any good to jump the gun, so I'll wait. It'll be here before I know it!
Thank you for all of your prayers. The time is short for Isabelle to be an orphan. She's about to become "One Less!"
Kelley, I know you will get to travel before us. But my summer clothes are all packed in a suitcase ready to go :-)
ReplyDelete