Many adoptive parents have said the Travel Approval (TA) wait is the worst. I guess it is knowing you are so close and still don't have a clue when you will actually go to China. I've told my husband I feel like I'm reaching for something on the top shelf and I just can't get my fingers on it. I can barely brush it with the very tips of my fingers!
The problem for me isn't the waiting; it's the not knowing what I'm waiting on. I know I'm headed to China (well should be) really soon, like in less than 3 weeks, but there isn't an exact date. If I knew the exact date I would feel much better. The journey is part of the fun but I want to know exactly when this journey is coming to an end, but I don't. I'm sure God is loving this stage in my life, where He is stretching me. All of the stretching makes me more like Him, so bring it on.
What I have learned today, which is actually quite helpful to me, is that the Consulate Appointments (CAs) are full for the week of May 13. That means, that even if I get my super-fast TA, I still won't be able to leave any earlier than about May 9. We would then get Isabelle on Monday, May 13 and have our CA around May 21 and then home the end of that week. That isn't set in stone, but it's a real good guesstimate at this point. However, I'm still praying for a super-fast TA so I can claim one of those CAs the week of May 20 and not have to wait another week.
I know I close almost every post by stating that God has this whole process in His very capable hands, but it is so true. God has the exact day for us to get Isabelle already in mind, and NOTHING can stop us from being there. It is going to be a very awesome day!
Thanks so much for following our journey. It should only be 3 more weeks and Isabelle will no longer be an orphan!
No comments:
Post a Comment