This week hasn't gone without a fair share of hiccups, but I think she's turning the corner. She has been a daddy's girl and doesn't want anything to do with me. She'll let me feed her cereal (which is all she'll eat), but doesn't want me to hold her to even feed her a bottle. I'm hoping that means she was well loved at her orphanage and she doesn't want me to take the place of her nanny.
Today she let me get her out of bed and feed her breakfast. I carried her downstairs when it was time for us to go to breakfast. I truly enjoyed it. This afternoon she didn't have much to do with me, but tonight when we walked to Trust Mart, she let me carry her again. Baby steps!
There hasn't been much going on which is why I haven't posted. We arrived in Guangzhou on Friday and checked into our hotel. On Saturday morning we took Isabelle to have a medical checkup. This has to be done in order for her to get her visa. Sunday afternoon took us shopping, but all we bought was 2 McCafe drinks and 3 ice cream cones! Today was a trip to the Guangzhou zoo. I'll post a few pictures here. It was so hot! The highlight of the whole trip was the baby animals, especially a sweet little monkey.
Our consulate appointment is Wednesday morning and then we'll get Isabelle's visa on Thursday afternoon. Friday morning we'll take a van to Hong Kong, spend a day at Disney on Saturday, and fly home on Sunday. This week will go fast and I admit I'm nearly ready to be home. I'm ready to adjust to the new "normal."
Here are a few pictures from the last few days!
She loves her siblings!
Such a cute little face:)
LiWan Shopping Center. Would you believe that nearly
all the shops sell about the same thing? The shops are only 200 square
feet or so. It was an interesting experience.
The kids have sure helped and we're so glad we brought them along.
Boys love rain and puddles!
She's not real sure about shoulder rides, but I know
she'll grow to love them.
We loved the big cats!
Grumpy about the heat!
Strutting his stuff.
Cute boys!
Daddy and Isabelle taking a break.
Cute piglets. There were a bunch of them!
Kenzi enjoying the day!
And finally, our favorite part of the zoo!
I am sorry she is having slow bonding Kelley, but this will all be a memory very soon!!! praying for continued adjustments and safe travels home!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable and what a great experience for you all - your family is now complete :) What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it to GZ safely and that you had a good day at the zoo! Praying your daughter starts coming around to mom more! Enjoy the rest of your time!
ReplyDeleteIsabelle gets cuter everyday! I am sure Izzy will adjust to u being mom real soon and start to realize how lucky she is. As u said baby steps. Having K, A, & C along has definitely helped the transition. They all are very excited about their new little sister. I was a little concerned when you weren't posting--hoping all was ok:). Sure do enjoy the pictures. Am praying for your safe return on Sunday. It will be nice to get home start to get back to normal, but a trip of a lifetime for all of you. Be safe!
ReplyDelete