Wednesday, May 1, 2013

We're really going to China!


It's past bed time for me, but there is so much to be done.  We are officially headed for China and have the airline tickets to prove it!  We are so excited!  Remind me I said that next Wednesday morning when I'm up at 2:00am so we can leave by 3:00am and be at the airport by 4:00am.  Those are three times that I should only see once a day!  I figure it will help me adjust to China time as it will be mid-afternoon in Beijing when I'm rolling out of bed.  Beijing is 14 hours ahead of us out here in MST and 13 hours ahead of you over there in CST.  Our flight leaves Rapid at 6:00am and we land in Beijing at 1:15am MST or 3:15pm Beijing time.  I'm praying my poor body adjusts quickly.

We've been in touch with our guide who will be with us the entire time we are in Isabelle's province.  We have hired her to be our guide in Beijing as well.  She'll take us to the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and a Hutong tour.  Those are just enough activities to keep us busy, but hopefully not too much to wear us out.  It's been almost 10 years since I've had a toddler so I need to rest up!  At some point on Sunday we'll head to Tianjin where Isabelle's orphanage is.

The most exciting part of this trip and the whole reason we're going is for our "gotcha day."  I'm not sure of the time, but it will be on Monday, May 13.  If it is in the morning, it'll still be Mother's Day in the USA.  I'm planning to celebrate for two days straight.  What an awesome gift for Mother's Day, our daughter.  God blessed me with my first daughter on my birthday, and this time will be Mother's Day.

I promise to do my best with keeping all of you updated on our trip, including lots of pictures.  I'm not sure the easiest place to post, but it might be on Facebook, not my blog, but I will try to keep both updated.
Please keep us in prayer.  God is already going before us preparing Isabelle's heart.  There will be a lot of change and new things for her in a short amount of time.  We've been talking about her, praying for her, preparing for her since late July.  She hasn't had that and at her age, her understanding of what is coming, is probably non-existent.  Our prayer is that she will have peace in her heart and somehow know that what is happening is a good thing.

I'm off to bed.  I'm not sure this post makes much sense.  If it doesn't, I apologize.  I plan to post at least once more before we leave, but I won't make any promises.  I just want to say one more last THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed, encouraged, or given financially to help us on our journey.  We are so very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment