Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blessings!

I just wanted to share my blessings from yesterday.  To me they were little acts that showed me that God was with me every step of the way.

We had a very busy day yesterday.  An orthodontist appointment, dinner with my mom and sister, an orthopedic appointment, baseball practice, open gym, and church.  It was one of those days I normally dread.  I have been learning to change my attitude about days like that and say, "This is the day the Lord has made, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD in it!"  What a difference an attitude change can make in a day.  It also opens the door to God's blessings.

1. Orthodontist Appointment - We arrived early and Kenzi was taken back early!  Yay!  This allowed us a few extra minutes at my  mom's house to visit.

2.  Lunch with mom - She made lunch for us which was far superior to anything fast food.  My sister and her kids came over, too, so the kids had a little bit of cousin time.  While our time was short, it was so much fun to get to visit.  We are blessed to live so close.

3.  Orthopedic Appointment - Isabelle's arms don't completely extend and are curved.  We thought this was due to her rocking while in the orphanage.  The doctor said it was probably something she was born with and since it isn't affecting her movement, they don't do anything about it!  PTL!  However, I am still believing God is going to completely straighten her little arms!  Also, we got to this appointment a little early and were finished only 10 minutes after her scheduled appointment time.  I love doctor's offices who are efficient!

4.  Baseball practice - When we arrived back in town, we were actually 30 minutes early for practice.  (Due to appointments being early, we even stopped at Wal Mart & Lowes and still made it back early.)  Normally I would have to wait for an adult to arrive before I could leave.  Wouldn't you know it, our friend Mike and his son Joe were already there hitting some balls.  Cman was able to stay with them and they said they'd bring him home after practice.  What a time saver for me!  Toby got off work in time to pick him up, but I am so thankful for friends who'll go out of their way to help me.

5.  Once we arrived home, our neighbor came up to my oldest son and handed him a package with a brand new basketball net in it.  That may not seem like much, but he practices a lot.  He loves to shoot!  Our net is only hanging on by 2 hooks and is in terrible shape.  This was a huge blessing to him.  He came in and said, "Mom, we have the nicest neighbors..."  We do!  We are very blessed where we live.  This was just a little blessing for my son.

6.  Church - It was a small gathering last night, I would guess around 30is people.  To tell you the truth, I love small get togethers like that, they're so much more personal.  We had evangelists Dan and Janel Campbell with us.  We always enjoy their ministry!  God met us in a mighty way.  We had prayer for healing and Janel again agreed with us for the healing of Kenzi's eczema and Isabelle's arms and her palate.  Janel even said that tomorrow may be the day the eczema is gone (that would be today).  They prayed for Kenzi on Sunday morning and by Sunday night it was a little bit better.  That was the first time it has looked better in months!  I believe that God is healing her!  Dan's message was awesome and we had a great time at the alter praying with one another after the message, sharing some of our dreams and directions that God is leading each of us.  It was awesome to be able to cover one another in prayer.  God has big plans for His people and last night was just another confirmation of that fact!

We also had a testimony time and heard some amazing testimonies of what God is doing.  I almost didn't say anything, but I felt God wanting me to testify.  I shared the nutshell version of this blog post.  Bottom line, LOOK for the blessings of God.   Things aren't coincidences.  I truly believe that God makes His presence known all the time, but we have to keep our eyes open and look for those blessings He is pouring out on us.

1 comment: